NYC Care Program hailed as a champion for immigrants’ health
NYC Care is a health care access program that guarantees low-cost and no-cost services to New Yorkers who do not qualify for or cannot afford health insurance. All NYC Care services are provided through NYC Health + Hospitals . The program kicked off in 2019 with the aim of providing quality health care for all New Yorkers regardless of whether they were documented or undocumented.
Since the launching of the program, there has been a few changes, such as waiving the six month residency requirement, and also expanding to include all 5 boroughs.
With NYC Care, you can get a unique membership card to access health services, choose your own doctor, and get affordable medications.
Some of the services provided include:
- Primary and Preventive Care
- Women’s Health
- Medications 24/7
- Eye Care and Glasses
- Specialty Care
- Mental Health
- Alcohol, tobacco, and substance use
- Support Services for housing, food, and nutrition help
Africans Help Desk interviewed Dr. Jimenez, Executive Director of the NYC Care, a Program designed to give vulnerable New Yorkers quality access to Health Care.
Watch the full video here https://hhc.webex.com/recordingservice/sites/hhc/recording/b9430517ea78103a8f7b00505681d54e/playback
To enroll in the program:
- Call 1-646-NYC-Care (1-646-692-2273)
- Visit any New York City Health + Hospitals Location https://www.nyccare.nyc/bronx-locations/
- Contact one of the Community Based Partners by clicking on this link https://www.nyccare.nyc/community-based-organization/