“I’m more worried about the vaccine than COVID-19. How do I know the vaccine is safe?”
We get this question a lot, and it’s an important one! It is always good to be careful when caring for our bodies. Fortunately, we have lots of data from reliable sources that help us understand why it’s safe to get a COVID-19 vaccine.
- LOTS of people have gotten the vaccine, and serious complications are VERY rare.
- More than 2 BILLION people around the world have gotten at least one dose of the COVID-19 vaccine in the past eight months – that’s about a quarter of the world’s population! About 52% of people in the USA are fully vaccinated, as well.
- The COVID-19 vaccine is not linked to death. 0.0019% of people who got a COVID-19 vaccine passed away after getting the vaccine, and scientists look into every case. They have not found information that says these deaths are directly linked to the vaccine – sometimes, people pass away of other causes after they get the vaccine.
- Vaccine technology has been around for a long time! The COVID-19 vaccine itself might be new, but scientists from all over the world have been studying how vaccines work for many years. When the pandemic started, these researchers came together to share their knowledge so that we could get a COVID-19 vaccine as quickly as possible. Some of these scientists work for governments, but many work for nonprofits and private companies.
- The vaccine doesn’t change your DNA – or make you magnetic. None of the COVID-19 vaccines interact with your DNA. They give your body instructions for how to recognize and protect you against the COVID-19 virus, if you are exposed to it.
Please share with your friends, family and network.