Do you know how to protect yourself from getting Covid? See a few tips below.
Get Vaccinated and Boosted
- COVID-19 vaccines are available for everyone ages 6 months and older. Booster shots are available for people 5 and older.
- Visit the NYC COVID-19 and Flu Vaccine Finder or call 877-VAX4NYC (877-829-4692) to find a vaccination site.
- COVID-19: Vaccine
Wear a Mask
- Wear a mask whenever required, such as in health care settings.
- Wear a mask in all public indoor settings.
- Wear a higher-quality mask, including KN95, KF94, N95, or a cloth mask on top of a surgical mask — especially if you are at high risk for severe COVID-19.
- Get tested if you have symptoms or were recently exposed. People who are unvaccinated should get tested more often.
- If you test positive, you may be eligible for treatment. Treatment works best the sooner you begin, so it is important to get tested and seek care right away.
- Visit COVID-19 Testing Locations or text “COVID TEST” to 855-48
- NYC Health + Hospital sites offering testing at no cost to you
Stay Home If Sick
- Follow all isolation guidance, including wearing a face mask. COVID-19 is highly contagious. You can spread COVID-19 even if you do not have symptoms.
Wash Your Hands
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or use a hand sanitizer.
Source: New York City DOHMH. Click here for the full prevention tips https://www1.nyc.gov/site/doh/covid/covid-19-prevention-and-care.page